These Baked Oatmeal Cups are topped with your favorite sweets! A standard baked oatmeal recipe is prepared in a muffin tin and topped with whatever you have on hand: chocolate, fruit, nuts, etc. The perfect grab-and-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ cup skim milk (or whatever milk you like)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Optional: your favorite toppings: fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil muffin liners. **Don't skip this part! If you don't use liners, your oatmeal cups are guaranteed to stick!
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
3. Fill the muffin tin with ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings and push them down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze. ENJOY!